- 18th January 2013
Tiramisu Cheesecake by Briony Baxter
- 12 shortbread biscuits
- 30 grams of butter
- 1 cup of cold coffee (made with 2 teaspoons of coffee, 25mls of boiling water and 5 teaspoons of sugar. No milk)
- 1 tablespoons of coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons of hot water
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tub of cream cheese
- 3 teaspoons of double cream
- 5 sponge fingers
- 50 grams of dark chocolate
- Place the sponge fingers into the cooled coffee and leave.
- Melt 25 grams of the butter over a low heat until melted.
- Crush the biscuits into a powdery consistency.
- Grease a cake tin with the other 5 grams of butter, mix the biscuits and melted butter and press into cake tin, refrigerate whilst you whisk the sugar, cheese and the double cream until thick.
- Mix the 1 tablespoon of the coffee granules and 1 tablespoon of hot water until liquidised, and add to the cream and cheese mixture.
- Drain the excess coffee and mash the fingers, when mashed, layer on top of the biscuit base, add the cream and cheese mixture and smooth over the base.
- Grate the chocolate on to until the cream and cheese filling is covered.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve.